Sunday, March 18, 2012

Thai Coconut Curry Red Lentils

Lentils are high in fiber and protein. They don't have to be soaked prior to cooking which is great for last minute meal ideas. They are traditionally used in Indian dishes so feel free to substitute Indian spices for the curry paste. I prefer Thai curry and it was what I had so I made this dish and it turned out delicious.

Ingredients:
1 cup dried red lentils
1 can lite coconut milk (regular will work fine but I can't tell the difference)
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tbl curry paste (I used red)

 In a medium size sauce pan combine coconut milk, tomato sauce and curry paste. Stir until well mixed. Bring mixture to a boil and add lentils. Bring back to a boil.Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes.

I served mine with raw spinach and flatbread but it would be great on rice or veggies. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment