Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Falafel Pie

I found this recipe on a blog for easy vegan meals. It was super easy! It is one of the meals where you feel full after eating but not heavy, my favorite. The original recipe adds a sliced tomato but i didn't have one. I think it would make the meal better and add some more color.

Ingredients:
1 cup falafel mix
1/2 cup hummus
1 small container of plain yogurt (I used coconut milk yogurt because I didn't find a plain soy)

1 cucumber
1/2 lemon
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives

Preheat the oven to 350. Mix 1 cup of falafel mix with 1/2 cup of water. I used this box mix but maybe you can make your own?
Layer the falafel and water mix in an 8x8 casserole dish.

Bake for 15 minutes. While it is baking, place half the cucumber, plain yogurt and juice of half the lemon in a blender and blend until smooth. When the falafel mix is done baking spread the hummus in a layer on the falafel mix. *I used the rest of my sriracha white bean dip.

Place the rest of the cucumber, sliced, and sliced red onion on the hummus layer.

Top with sauce from blender. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment