Monday, March 12, 2012

Sweet Potato Burgers

Chris and I love veggie burgers but we don't love all that processed stuff they are typically made with so I am always trying homemade variations. This recipe has been floating around pinterest for a few weeks so I finally got all the ingredients together to make it. Well actually twice before I had the ingredients but I ate them before they could be made into burgers. I made some modifications to the recipe and my pictures aren't as pretty so here is the original:

original blog


Ingredients:
Makes about 4 patties
1 small sweet potato ( about 1 cup cooked and mashed)
1 cup cannellini beans ( I soaked and cooked them the night before but 1 can will work)
1 tbsp tahini
1 tsp seasonings ( I used garlic salt and chili powder)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
panko crumbs (to coat the patties)
canola oil

Cut the potato into small cubes and boil until tender. Mash the potato in a bowl with the cooked beans, or beans drained from can. Add the tahini, seasoning and flour and stir until well mixed. Separate the mixture into four patties. In a shallow bowl pour some of the bread crumbs. Coat each side of the patty with the crumbs. Heat oil in a cast iron pan and cook patties on med high until crispy on each side.
Serve on a toasted bun or bread with toppings. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment