Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms

I found these on a blog and thought I would try them. I have made brown rice stuffed mushrooms and they are delicious also. They make a great appetizer or side dish to a meal.

Ingredients:
8 medium size mushrooms (button or crimini)
1 tbl balsamic vinegar
1 cup raw fresh spinach
1 small red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 tbl lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Wash the mushrooms and them remove the stems. Place the mushrooms in a casserole dish or baking sheet.
  Yes I broke one :(
Sprinkle the balsamic vinegar on and inside the mushrooms.

Puree the spinach, garlic and bell pepper in a food processor. Until you get a creamy mixture.

I add some extra chopped bell pepper for texture but you don't have to do this.
Place the spinach mixture in the mushrooms. and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment