Monday, April 2, 2012

Spanish Brown Rice

This flavorful side dish can complement any meal. Chris and I stuffed it in our tacos but we could not stop munching on it before and after. I made double the recipe so I could have leftovers for quick meals.

Ingredients:
1 tbl cooking oil
1/2 cup chopped onion (I used red but only because it was all I had)
1 cup raw brown rice
2 cloves garlic
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup veggie broth

In a large deep skillet heat oil on medium. Add onion and saute for a couple minutes. Turn heat to low. Add rice (I didn't rinse the rice) and minced garlic. Toast the rice for 5 minutes but stir frequently to avoid burning. Add canned tomatoes with sauce and veggie broth. Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes or until done. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment