Sunday, April 8, 2012

Curry Rice Salad

Yum Yum Yum! I love adding rice or quinoa to my salads. It makes it filling and hearty. This recipe only took 30 minutes and it tastes soo yummy. I wish I had lime and cilantro to top it off so that is definitely how I will be eating the leftovers.

Ingredients:

1 cup quinoa or rice or rice blend like I used
1 can pineapple cubes or slices
1 can of coconut milk (I prefer the lite one)
1 small piece of ginger
2 cups broccoli slaw
2 tbl red curry paste

In a medium size sauce pan bring 1 cup of rice and 1 3/4 cup of water to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes or until cooked.

Allow rice to cool by moving it to a large bowl and stirring periodically. While the rice cools mix 1 can coconut milk and 2 tbl curry paste in a small bowl.

Chop ginger into small pieces, or grate. I like the chunks of ginger flavor. Drain pineapple juice, into a cup for drinking :) Cut pineapple slices into cubes or add as is if already cubed. Add pineapple, ginger, slaw and sauce to rice mix and stir together. I served mine with some cubed tofu and coconut flakes but lime would complete it. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment