Friday, April 26, 2013

Potato Tacos

The new veg news magazine arrived this weekend and was full of delicious Mexican recipes. I think I might have to make them all! These are the potato tacos and they turned out great! I think I would add bell peppers and mushrooms next time. The "cheese" which is seasoned tofu could have been omitted in my opinion. But I did like the crunch and flavor of the cumin seeds which I will keep next time. I also made tomatillo salsa to top them which is an earlier recipe I posted.

Ingredients:
tortillas
3 russet potatoes (or whatever kind you like, just modify bake time)
1 package firm tofu
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
juice 1/2 lemon
1 tsp paprika
1 avocado
cilantro and tomatillo salsa to top them

If you want to make the "cheese" crumble tofu into a bowl and toss with olive oil, lemon juice and cumin seeds. Allow to sit in fridge while you cook the potatoes.

Cut potatoes into bite size pieces and arrange in casserole dish. The recipe said to toss with oil but I skipped this and they turned out great. Toss the potatoes with paprika and bake at 350 for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Serve on tortillas with "cheese", avocado, cilantro and salsa. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment