Monday, April 8, 2013

Black Bean Soup

This soup was really easy to make and made the house smell really good. I modified a recipe I found on pinterest to make it vegan. I made fresh beans but the recipe used canned. I think canned beans would have given it a more creamy texture. For some reason canned beans are always softer. The original recipe also used seasoned black beans but I roasted some chilies and added them instead. yum!

Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 onion, chopped
1 tsp chile powder
1 tsp cumin
3 cups or 2 cans black beans
1 roasted jalapeno and 5 roasted red peppers (optional)
4 cups veggie broth

Add garlic and onion to a large pot.
Stir fry on low for a couple minutes and then add seasonings, stir. Remove the seeds from the jalapeno and chop both peppers. Add them to the pot.
Add the beans and broth and bring to a boil. I don't know if it is necessary to bring to a boil but I followed the recipe.
Reduce to a simmer and blend with an immersion blender. Enjoy!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment