Friday, January 18, 2013

Morrocan Stew



I bought a lot of squash when they came in season and I had just this one butternut squash left. I also had some chickpeas that I cooked this weekend so I thought I should make this stew. It turned out great. I put too much water so it turned out slightly more soup like but the broth was good so it worked out. The original recipe uses a 28 oz. can of tomatoes but I used water and fresh tomatoes. It would have been better with extra tomatoes.

Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic,minced
1/2 yellow onion,chopped
1 butternut squash,cubed
2 tomatoes,chopped
1 veggie bouillon cube
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 bunch kale,chopped

In a large saucepan heat garlic and onion on low.

Add squash,tomatoes,bouillon cube and enough water to cover everything by about an inch.
 
 
 


 
Simmer for 20 minutes or until squash in tender. Add seasonings and kale heat until kale wilts.
 
 

 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment