Monday, January 28, 2013

Kale Pesto

I got three bunches of kale from the market this week so when I came across a recipe for kale pesto I thought it would be a perfect time to make it. The recipe called for a 1/2 cup of olive oil and I did 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup water but I might try all water next time. I did use organic cold pressed olive oil to keep it healthiest. I thought the recipe turned out great but when I had the leftovers I added extra lemon and it was even better. You can substitute walnuts for pine nuts to save cost.
 
Ingredients:
1 bunch of kale, stemmed
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup olive oil and water mixture
salt and pepper to taste
 
Place ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Serve on veggies, pasta or rice. Enjoy!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment