Monday, May 14, 2012

Salsa Verde

Tomatillos are in season!! I was very excited to see these fresh local organic tomatillos at the market and I knew right away that I was making a batch of salsa. I love it so much I could eat it with a spoon. It is surprisingly easy to make. Dylan gave me the recipe last year and I think I pretty much follow it...maybe. Anyways it always turns out great and I recommend you try it. Chris and I ate it with our black bean chickpea tortilla tacos tonight.

Ingredients:
about 6 tomatillos
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 jalapeno
1/2 bunch cilantro
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste

If your tomatillos have an outer husk, remove it and then rinse them. In a non-stick skillet cook the tomatillos on medium heat. I don't add any oil.



 When the tomatillos get very soft and charred remove them from the pan and place in a blender. Add the jalapeno, cilantro and garlic.


Blend until smooth. Mix in a bowl with the chopped onion and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment