Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quinoa Salad

I make this very often and it usually lasts me a couple meals. It should probably last longer since the portion is large but I love it so much I can't stop eating it. Not a problem though because this is so healthy with no salt added and no oil. It is a lot like tabbouleh but I use quinoa instead of couscous and black olives rather than kalamata. There are probably some other differences but the idea is the same.You can leave the parsley out if you don't like the flavor, Chris doesn't care for it. But parsley is good for your health and naturally reduces bloating. :)

Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa (This is the amount I measure out and cook with 2 cups water)
1 tomato
1 cucumber
1 can olives, sliced (I slice them myself rather than buying the sliced ones because they come in a larger can)
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
juice of 2 lemons

Cook quinoa and then place in a large bowl allowing it to cool completely. Chop tomato, cucumber and parsley. Add the veggies, olives and lemon juice to the quinoa and stir together. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment