Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Roasted Mushroom Soup

Chris loves mushrooms! When I came across this recipe I thought he would love it...and we both did. I found it on this blog:         http://shewearsmanyhats.com/2011/10/roasted-mushroom-soup/

I made some modifications so feel free to follow their recipe or mine.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb button mushrooms
4 cloves garlic
1 tbl canola oil
1 tsp dried thyme
2 cups lima beans
4 cups vegetable broth
      I used water and 2 not chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 cup raw baby spinach
pepper to taste

I soaked the dried beans in water overnight and then boiled them earlier today for about an hour.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut the mushrooms in quarters and place them in a casarole dish with the oil and sliced garlic. Cook for 15 minutes then toss them and bake for another 10 minutes.

In a large pot heat the broth, beans, thyme and pepper. Add the roasted mushrooms to the broth.
Place raw baby spinach in bowls and ladle the warm soup on top. enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment