Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Asian Slaw


One of my favorite things about volunteering at The Grower's Market is the mystery of what I will be going home with at the end of the day. This week we had snow peas for half off. I left with two pounds to make some meals with or just snack on. I got a purple cabbage and decided to make one of my favorite side dishes, asian slaw!

 It is really simple, fast and versatile. Try adding green cabbage or carrots and other ingredients.

Ingredients:
1 small purple cabbage
1/2 pound snow peas
1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 tbl soy sauce
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
sesame seeds, cilantro and siracha for garnish

Cut the cabbage into slices and cut the snow peas into pieces. Place them in a large bowl together. In another bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger. Toss the sauce with the veggies. Top with garnishes. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment