Thursday, October 10, 2013

African Soup

 

This soup has peanut butter and coconut milk combined with tomato to make a delicious unique flavor. The coconut soup was added last and I actually think I liked the flavor before I added it. I used russets instead of sweet potatoes because it is what I had but you can use either.

Ingredients:
1 russet potato, cubed
1/2 yellow onion,chopped
2 cloves garlic,minced
1 can tomato paste
2 cups water
1 tbl seasonings
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
chopped cilantro for garnish

Begin by baking the potatoes at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Place chopped onion and garlic in a dutch oven or soup pot.
Cook on medium until soft. Add the water, tomato paste and seasonings.
This is the seasoning mix I used.
Bring to a boil. Add potatoes and peanut butter.
Reduce to medium low heat and use an immersion blender to smooth out the chunks. Add the coconut milk and heat until warm. Top with cilantro.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment