Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ratatouille With Barley

Wow it has been way too long since I posted on here. I have just been so overwhelmed with school and moving and getting a job that I took break from making interesting meals. I will try to keep up more. I made this ratatouille in the crockpot so it was really easy. I added the barley to make it more filling but I think it could have used a little more.

Ingredients:
1 small eggplant cubed, I didnt peel mine
2 zucchinis chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 8oz can of no salt added diced tomatoes
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 yellow onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 cup barley
1 bouillon cube or use veggie broth instead of water

Prep the veggies and place them in the crockpot with the bouillon cube and barley. Add enough water to cover everything by about an inch. Place the crockpot on high and cook for about 3 hours or until the barley is done. I served mine with fresh basil. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment